The Baby Has Arrived!

The Baby Has Arrived

My due date to have our baby was on February 15th so when that day came and went I was a little tired of waiting, but as the days kept going by I started to get really impatient.  Finally, on the 20th we went to visit my cousin Lacey and they said to jump out there on that trampoline, so I did! Dean their 5year old held his hands out as I jumped saying I will catch the baby when he comes out, I laughed so hard but it worked, that night I started to have some signs the baby could be coming.




On Friday, February 21st at 3 am in the morning I started having contractions.  At first, I didn’t say anything I just lay there in bed wondering if they were really contractions.  Finally, as they got more and more painful I started squeezing Grant’s arm every time I would feel one. 

When I realized they were really close I asked him what time it was and realized they were about 5 minutes apart.  My mom was staying the night cause we knew it could be any day so around 4 am I went in and said I think this could really be happening. 

Getting Ready to GO


Of course, she jumped out of bed so fast she gave herself a charlie horse in her leg and was running around saying really?  I was still unsure so I called the hospital and they said to come in.  We got there around 5 am and they checked me in. 

rom that point on I felt the day went pretty fast, they got us in a room and said I should walk the halls to get it going. So we walked around for about 40 minutes and they said I was 4cm dilated. 

Waiting for the Baby


When the contractions got stronger I decided to get the epidural, I thought why be in pain?  As soon as I got the epidural my blood pressure dropped really low and I started to faint, but they were able to give me some oxygen and once that was over I was able to relax and actually sleep for a few hours. 

Around 4 pm I started to have a lot of pressure and pain and I said I think the epidural stopped working and they let me know that no I should be feeling that hahaha and I thought it was going to be painless, the joke was on me!  Anyways so around 5:10 pm, we started the pushing. 


I say we because it was the whole team that made it happen, Lacey, my mom, and Grant all took turns holding my legs and cheering me on to push hard and feeding me ice chips and taking photos. 

I swear I could not have done it without them.  After about 20 min of pushing the doctor explained to me that with every push we move a little ahead but then that when I stop the head goes a little bit back.  When I heard that I thought no way, that seems like a waste of time. 

Some sort of superhuman power came over me and I just kept pushing till he was out.  At one point the doctor said we are going to need the baby team in here in 30 minutes then she screamed out ok never mind we need them in here now it’s happening now.


 When he was finally out I had never been so happy, it was a feeling of relief and joy and excitement.  As soon as I saw him I was just thinking everything that I went through for the last 9 months was totally worth having him there with me. 

Even as I write this I get teared up thinking about how cool it is to get to experience having a baby.



 Emmett born in February 2014, 8 pounds 3oz, 22in long.


 Skin to Skin with Daddy.

The Birth Team

 The Birth Team Lacey and Grandma Kathy.

 Aunt Kristen came by too after work to meet Emmett.

Hands down one of the best days of my life, I can’t imagine anything topping this day except if maybe we were to have another baby in the future, I just can’t imagine anything more life-changing!

 After spending the night in the hospital we took our first car ride home and the true adventure started.




Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll to Top