Today I am sharing an easy candied pecan recipe that is gluten-free and vegan too. Once you make these it will be very hard to not eat the whole batch.
These pecans are such a great holiday gift for friends and family because they are so easy and quick to make. It takes about 10 minutes of active cooking and mixing and about 10 minutes in the oven.
These candied pecans work as a dessert on their own or as a topper on ice cream, or on a savory salad too.
Candied Pecan Recipe Ingredients
- 1 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 2.5 Cups pecan halves
- Put a large pan over medium to high heat and add all the ingredients above BUT NOT the pecans yet.
- Do not leave the pan! Continuously stir the ingredients and they will start to bubble up. A lot of the liquid will evaporate.
- Once the liquid is all bubbles and getting sticky add all the pecans.
- Immediately remove from heat.
- Stir the pecans around until they are well coated.
- Transfer the pecans to a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook at 350 degrees in an oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely! The candy will harden up and then you can break it up.
- Store it in an airtight container.
The total time is about 20 minutes to prepare and make.
Step By Step Photos
Add the ingredients and stir
Make sure it’s bubbling and the liquid is evaporating and becoming thick.
Add the Pecans and mix well!
Add the pecans to the cookie sheet and spread them out. Put them in the oven for 10 minutes.
Let the pecans cool and break them up into pecan pieces.
I hope you enjoy these delicious candied pecans as much as we do!
More Recipes we Love:
Pin Pecan Recipe for Later: