Today I am sharing how I make a simple homemade hand moisturizer. You will only need 5 ingredients to make this simple hand cream.
This is the perfect hand cream for anyone who wants smooth soft hands. With two young kids, I find myself washing my hands a lot!
Water, soap, and repetitive washing can be super drying to our skin. At the end of the day, I like to slather some of this moisturizer on the backs of my hands and go to bed, knowing it can soak in all night long.
The good thing about making my own moisturizer is I know exactly what is in this balm. There won’t be any hidden ingredients!
This article may include affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.” You can find my full disclosure at the bottom of this page.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE Hand Moisturizer:
Simple Homemade Hand Moisturizer Recipe:
Hand Cream Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp Jojoba oil (find it here)
- 1/4 cup Shea Butter (find it here)
- 1 and a 1/2 Tbsp Beeswax Pellets (find it here)
- 10 drops Jasmine essential oil (find it here)
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil (find it here)
Hand Moisturizer Instructions:
Melt the Jojoba oil, the Shea butter, and the Beeswax pellets together. Using a double boiler to melt the first 3 ingredients. Stir as you are melting everything together.
In a separate bowl or cup mix the 2 different types of essential oils together and set aside.
Allow the melted mixture 5 to 10 minutes to cool down before adding the essential oils. Once everything is mixed together pour your mixture into a jar (or whatever you decide to store it in).
I am using a short glass jar with a good sealing lid. Once your moisturizer has hardened it will be ready to use.
Store in a cool place. If you are in a warm climate I would suggest storing this in the refrigerator.
I picked Jasmine and Lavender oils because I love the aroma.
The smell of jasmine can help with sleep which is another reason to use this hand cream right before bed. Lavender oil is good at nourishing the skin because of its high antioxidant content.
Feel free to change the oils if you like something else. I just love the smell of flowers, but I know that isn’t for everyone.
Ingredient List For Hand Moisturizer:
Shea Butter: Shea butter is a fat extracted from the nut of the African shea tree. Shea butter is nourishing and moisturizing.
Protecting the skin’s natural oils.
Jojoba Oil: Jojoba is a shrub. Jojoba oil is produced from the seeds.
Jasmine Oil Benefits:
- Dealing with stress.
- Reducing anxiety.
- Fighting depression.
- Increasing alertness.
- Helping with sleep.
Lavender Oil Benefits:
- Natural anti-inflammatory making it excellent for treating skin conditions.
- Keeping acne at bay.
- Reducing stress and anxiety.
- Inducing sleep.
- Nourishing skin due to its high antioxidant content.
Only 5 simple ingredients needed!
- 2 tbsp Jojoba oil
- 1/4 cup Shea butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Beeswax pellets
- 10 drops Jasmine essential oil
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
How to Mix it:
- Melt the Jojoba oil, the shea butter, and the beeswax pellets together.
Using a double boiler to melt the first 3 ingredients.
- Stir as you are melting everything together.
- In a separate bowl or cup mix the 2 different types of essential oils together and set aside.
- Allow the melted mixture 5 to 10 minutes to cool down before adding the essential oils. Once everything is mixed together pour your mixture into a jar (or whatever you decide to store it in).
- I am using a short glass jar with a good sealing lid. Once your moisturizer has hardened it will be ready to use.
PIN This Recipe FOR LATER:
1 thought on “Simple Homemade Hand Moisturizer”
Hey very nice blog!