Let me share how to make all-natural slime with essential oils. This easy slime recipe is all-natural and fun for kids!
You can’t go wrong with this all-natural slime. I decided to try out making our own homemade toxin-free slime. I wanted something fun and a recipe for my kids to enjoy. We decided to try out the slime recipe and get our hands slimy!
This article may include affiliate links. “As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.” You can find my full disclosure at the bottom of this page.
How To Make All-Natural Slime with Essential Oils
Making the slime was super easy. Within the directions, there is a microwave option and a stovetop option. I decided it would be easier for me to do the stovetop recipe. This was my first time making this slime recipe, and because of that, I decided to try it myself before I involved the kids. It was so easy, next time I will have my boys help me.
The process of making this slime is so fun, as soon as the slime was done boiling it was in one large clump. After I finished boiling and adding the oil I dumped the slime into a glass bowl so it could finish cooling. I let the slime cool for about 20 minutes before I let my boys start trying it out.
Essential Oil Natural Slime Ingredients:
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp Psyllium Husk Powder
- 1.5 Tsp Cornstarch
- Drop (1) Tangerine Essential oil
- 2 Drop Lavender Essential Oil
- 3-4 drops natural food coloring (don’t need to do this)
- 1 Tsp Fractionated Coconut Oil
Slime with Essential Oils Instructions:
- Add water to a medium-sized pot for the stove
- Mix in fiber, cornstarch, and food coloring
- Stir slowly and continuously
- On stove place on medium/low heat and bring to a boil. Do not stir! Let it boil for 8 minutes
- If you use a microwave, then heat the ingredients for 10 minutes, stopping and restarting, so it doesn’t boil over
- In a small bowl combine oils
- Pour over the boiled mixture
- Allow cooling completely
- Store in an airtight container
Essential Oil Slime Fun
Slime is one of those things where you either love it or you hate it. Because my oldest son has never liked anything sticky or gooey since birth, I knew he wouldn’t touch it. I can remember taking him to the play center and encouraging him to play with the playdough, in other words, he wanted nothing to do with it.
My younger son loves to play with anything and everything messy. As a result, he searches out the mess!
Read More Simple Living Tips:
PIN How To Make All-Natural Slime with Essential Oils: